Monday 5 November 2012

PROJECT STEAMPUNK

                  


                          Hey people, do you have imagination?Have you imagine a village above the sea-level, a plateau with beautiful forest before? The scared forest and the urbanize machine landscape combine perfectly. The skies painted by fantasy purple and the star blinked within thin-layered of fog.


That's right.
Steampunk
the ultimate imagination of humans. The hope for human being to live better, the imaginary UTOPIA of Plato. 

Official definition of steam punk is the sub-genre of science-friction, typically features steam-powered machinery,especially in a setting inspired by industrialized Western civilization during the 19th century, the industry revolution.
.

               However, steam punk are presented in difference culture by modern artists and illustrators. 

Steam-punk fashion based on  19-century British vintage style.

               In this era of post-modernism, people do always re-design and adapts idea from the past. So, the idea of steam punk can be seen in difference expressions. I remember when I was 9 years old, I watched a cartoon movie <LAPUTA, THE CASTLE IN THE SKY>which I would never forget until today. I don't know what is steam punk that time but this japan anime give me the first impression of steam punk .The author of it, Hayao Miyazaki is my favorite Japanese animator.  <LAPUTA, THE CASTLE IN THE SKY>one of my favourite film . 


1.mining city, the scenery of <Castle 
in The Sky>
2.Miyazaki concept of floating city 

               This is what really inspired me through out my life. His way of telling story somehow similar to 18-century romanticism artists, which the graphics give us emotion and feeling, seriously a picture tells a thousand words. That's why I like him and his works so much. Meanwhile, I was thinking maybe I should make a post all about Miyazaki  next time. 

                Back To Steam Punk, Mr.Charles assign us with this project. We can select line, point, shape and form to draw a steam punk scenery . I choose line, I wanted to use repetition of line to suggest emotion, like what Miyazaki did. Besides, emphasizating is also important  in a piece of artwork. After sometimes, and some failure and correction,  here you go :). 


            Original, artline 0.4 &1.0


              Effect 1, Evening steam punk town.



         Effect 2, Starry night.



                  Q1.     Can you spot the Taylor University & The Design School logo inside? 

                 Q2.       There is a secret triangle hidden  inside the drawing, can you find it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment